Go for it. You’re one step closer.
ONE400, Inc. – Guadalajara, JAL
ONE400, Inc., is an award winning design, digital marketing, and product development studio that works exclusively in the legal industry. We are looking for hardworking and dedicated innovators to help us continue to change how legal services are marketed, sold and designed so that all people have better access to justice. Our team is comprised of marketers, developers, designers, lawyers and product professionals. ONE400’s mission is to create and implement next generation law marketing and technology solutions that allow law firms and legal tech organizations offer services that promote access to justice, improve the quality of legal services and reach a broader audience. We also care deeply about employees and have won a best employer award from Gusto.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our fast-growing company and bring a positive attitude and intellectual curiosity to our law innovation consultancy.
The Senior Accountant will be independently driven, have strong number crunching skills and will understand that when it comes to helping us grow our organization, building a strong set of financial reports, monitoring revenues and providing deep financial analysis are key to success.
Candidates for this position are expected to have strong accounting and revenue tracking skills, are proactive and can interact with senior leadership to provide actionable financial data. The right candidate also makes data driven decisions and has an ability to thrive in a fast moving and challenging environment. The Senior Accountant position is a step towards a long term career at a very high growth company.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying and entering transactions
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Maintains general ledger by preparing trial balance and reconciling entries
- Prepares financial reports key to business growth, sales forecasts, commission tracking, monthly P&L, etc.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents
- Prepares monthly budget-to-actual cost analysis
- Assists with annual audit, tax returns and other regulatory filing requirements
- Update and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Oversees the payroll and accounts payable processing
- Assists with the maintenance and upgrades of software used by the organization
- Secures financial information, ensuring data is properly maintained and filed, with appropriate backups
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Additional responsibilities and duties as necessary or as requested by the Chief Financial Officer
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Desired skills and experience:
- A minimum of three years of related experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks
- Advanced Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Proficiency in working with distributed teams. Using Slack, video and other tools to meet with colleagues
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both oral and written
- Accuracy, attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain a variety of projects and activities simultaneously, and to complete work in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- A positive attitude and willingness to support ONE400’s mission and efforts as needed.
- Proactive and forward-thinking
- Comfortable with intense work contexts, such as during times we are responding to emergencies, etc.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain focus under pressure
$16,000 MXN neto/Mensual
Benefits of working at ONE400:
- Open paid time off
- Competitive pay
- Our dress code is “No dress code!”
- Ongoing education opportunities
- All employees issued a Mac equipment
- Team social events (lunches, picnics, happy hour)
- A company that values your contributions and lets you independently pursue solutions for the benefit of our clients
ONE400 Software Stack:
- G Suite
- Teamwork Projects
- ActiveCampaign (CRM)
- Clio Grow