Get the Facts on Social Media:
• There are over 2.206 Billion active users, a global penetration of 30
• 1.925 Billion users utilize their mobiles for social media platforms
• In the last year the number of (global) social media users has risen by 176 Million within the last year
• Facebook adds ½ million new users every day; 6 new profiles every second. An ever-expanding market worth tapping into.
• 12 new active mobile social users are added every second, that’s 1 million per day.
Source: Social Media Today http://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-networks/kadie-regan/2015-08-10/10-amazing-social-media-growth-stats-2015
So what does this mean?
Not ultilizing social media is a missed opportunity
Why should your firm use social media?
The ABA conducted a survey in which it measured how attorneys and law firms are utilizing social media. There results illustrated that attorneys are more commonly utilizing social media for marketing. Smaller firms and solo attorneys are more engaged on social media but 62% of law firms cited that they maintain social media profiles.
How Firms are Active on Social Media
How to Use Social Media for Your Law Firm:
1. Determine your client and what their experience will be.
When determining who to follow you should consider the demographics of your prospective client. Also you should be looking at your competition. Who is your competition following? What accounts, pages, connections your competition engaging with?
2. Determine your goals.
Although the ultimate goal is to generate leads the initial goal should be to generate brand awareness. Give your audience a reason to care.
3. Determine Content to post:
80% of your content should be original content and the remaining 20% should be outside content that is relevant to your prospective client. The most important goal of your content is to create value to your prospective customer. The best types of content to share on your social channels are blogs, infographics, videos, white papers, podcasts and relevant industry articles.
4. Determine Frequency and Post Time:
Below are the recommended times and how frequently you should be posting on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Facebook: 1-3 times per day. Between the hours of 1-3pm.
Twitter: 2-3 times per day during the midday or end of hour.
LinkedIn: post at least once a week during business hours
If you need help implementing a social program for your law firm feel free to contact ONE400.