Go for it. You’re one step closer.
Director of Business Development
ONE400, Inc. – Pasadena, CA
ONE400, Inc., is an award winning design, digital marketing, and product development studio that works exclusively in the legal industry. We are looking for hardworking and dedicated innovators to help us continue to change how legal services are marketed, sold and designed so that all people have better access to justice. Our team is comprised of marketers, developers, designers, lawyers and product professionals. ONE400’s mission is to create and implement next generation law marketing and technology solutions that allow law firms and legal tech organizations offer services that promote access to justice, improve the quality of legal services and reach a broader audience. We also care deeply about employees and have won a best employer award from Gusto.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Business Development to join our fast-growing company and bring a positive attitude and intellectual curiosity to our law innovation consultancy.
The Director of Business Development will be independently driven, have strong sales skills and will understand that when it comes to helping us grow our organization, building strong relationships and helping law firms and legal tech leverage solutions we offer are key to success.
Candidates for this position are expected to have strong relationship building and negotiating skills, are outgoing and can convey technical solutions to prospects who may have no prior knowledge of services offered by ONE400. The right candidate also makes data driven decisions and has an ability to thrive in a fast moving and challenging environment. The Director of Business Development position is a step towards a long term career at a very high growth company.
- Respond to inbound leads from law firms and legal tech companies who are interested in ONE400 services
- Attend legal industry events to network with other professionals
- Present thought leadership content to bar associations, legaltech meetup groups and other related organizations
- Manage our automated CRM and lead generation systems
- Provide consulting services to lawyers and law firms related to practice management solutions
- Work with other ONE400 marketing team members to implement paid social, display network ads and other promoted content across a variety of platforms
- Develop new business through prospecting
- Create content to help build brand awareness and facilitate meetings with prospects
- Follow up meticulously with prospects who have indicated interest in working with ONE400
- Draft proposal for services that we provide law firms and legal tech organizations
- Setup and present at pitch meetings to win new business
- Competitive Research
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Desired skills and experience:
- You’re startup-ready – not looking for a 9-5 job, but you are looking for a rewarding career with high opportunity for growth
- You have a minimum of 2+ years of direct and relevant experience
- You are a lawyer or have deep experience in the legal industry
- You are active on social media
- Familiarity with technologies that are deployed in law firms (e.g., digital marketing, practice management, document automation)
- You have previous experience as a practicing attorney or paralegal
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with partners, vendors and all levels of the employee peer group and management
- You have familiarity with using CRM and other sales tools
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office tools
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain focus under pressure
This position includes a Base + Commission + Benefits listed below. Realistic views of 1st year earnings are 90K to 125K. However, top performers can 2 to 3x this amount based on current size of pipeline, and previously demonstrated results.
Benefits of working at ONE400:
- Open paid time off
- Competitive pay
- Our dress code is “No dress code!”
- Ongoing education opportunities
- All employees issued a Mac equipment
- Team social events (lunches, picnics, happy hour)
- A company that values your contributions and lets you independently pursue solutions for the benefit of our clients
ONE400 Software Stack:
- G Suite
- Teamwork Projects
- ActiveCampaign (CRM)
- Clio Grow